Monday, August 24, 2009

I haven't blogged in a really long time--SORRY! Right now my obsession is with my flower garden. It gets so HOT and humid here in the south, so it is sure to my advantage to get out and take care of my flowers in the morning.


Flowers beside and behind our house get so much sun all day and so there are certain flowers that are planted out back (above), while others planted in the front of our house are in the shade most all of the day. (below)


I am so loving the Black Eyed Susans. They are my favorite and need lots of sun, so they are in the back and on the side of our house. They are perennials and will increase when they come back next year. I mix my annuals in with my perennials so that my garden will be different next year with some flowers the same and some different.


Like these perennials sitting next to annuals in the sun out back.


Next to these are some daisies that are not looking as attractive right now.







1 comment:

  1. your flowers are beautiful, Alison! I love them. Mine have not done well this year -- I think it's because I've all but ignored them. I can't grow many, but I actually do well with roses. And Daisies -- I have so many I don't know what to do with them!!

    ReplyDelete